Friday, December 20, 2013

Not Quite as Bad as it Looks

Doesn't that look just awful? Only in our sink! It is an unhappy confluence of melting ice and my dumping my left over coffee on top... looks nasty! Don't worry; the images get nicer as you go along.
Look! Here's the naked Xmas tree! I'm very happy now. In case we don't remember, the two things that make Christmas Christmas for me are Christmas cookies and the tree. What a nice surprise that Bob went yesterday and got a funny, very wide tree from our friend Joe's yard. It made the fact that we had more snow and very cold weather sort of tolerable. I'm sorry, I was crabby all day because of all this early winter weather and nascent cabin fever. I'm already sick of winter.
That's better! Pretty much all lighted and decorated, but the nicest part was when I went to photograph the tree, the full moon had come out from behind the snow clouds and shone in the second story window above the Christmas tree! (In the picture, it sort of look like he lights on the tree, but the light in the center top is actually the moon.) Just something about Christmas trees make me happy. And I was baking cookies and consuming vast quantities of dough! Heaven!
You can have your Christmas music and consumeristic nightmares...I'm really glad to not feel that craziness of running around panicking, unable to find a parking space and incurring credit card debt. And to boot, today at work we had a Christmas cookie exchange, so I came home with ten other varieties of cookies. And it's over fifty degrees outside. Yay! I hope all that stinking snow melts and I don't need a white Christmas, either. (Remind me again why we live in the northeast...






No comments:

Post a Comment