Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sort of Boring

This is sort of a boring post; probably a bit on the lower key side now that I'm actually in my studio and the big drama of roof-raising and sheet-rocking is a thing of the (recent) past. Hey! Go back and take a look. It did take a full year from conception, design and completion. But I love my studio.
In the meantime, the garden looks terrific. Above is a sort of cliche shot of a Connecticut Copper (the butterfly- I think I identified it correctly!) and a lovely Tithonia (rotundifolia "Torch" for those that pay attention to such). The colors are spectacular!
And they'd better be, as our garden tour is only two or three weeks away and there's still loads to do...
I wasn't sure which shot I liked better. I like the fact that the butterfly sitting on the flower made me stop and look for a couple of seconds, as opposed to my running from one task to the next, without really looking. But I guess we soak up through some visual osmosis the many little lovely moments like this that happen almost unnoticed while we work in the garden. How do we find the time to do all we do... I guess that's rhetorical! But I did manage to plant our prickly pear cactus and some other plants graciously given to us by friends. Friends are great for filling in holes; in one's life as well as in the ground. Beatrice and John gave me an early (yeah!!) birthday gift which filled another hole. That would be a spectacular Yucca filamentosa because (ooooooooooooooooooohh!!) it's variegated!!! I do love my spots and stripes...
And here's a gratuitous photo of a lime meringue pie I made for my sister and her partner visiting:
It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment