Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Transitional Chaos

This posting is going to run heavy on pictures and lighter on verbiage as I'm so tired from moving furniture and stacks of art work and books! My hands are all curled up like little dead animals. Bob and I moved the large cabinet that was in my (old) studio last night after I got home from work. It weighed a ton, but it opened up a whole new dimension in living room horizons... Yes, we have a living room. It's still in upheaval, as seen in the above photo, but it's getting there. Tomorrow, we move the flat file.
And of course, we have to be doing thirty thousand things at once... like starting seeds. Sun flowers (two kinds) and morning glories (Flying Saucers). Don't ask where those are going to be moved to, after we relocate the flat file to my new studio. Lets' move them at least twelve times!
And remember that nice empty, open studio? Well, not for long. take a look at this:
Piles of art work and boxes and raw material for collages and junk. It will get better eventually, as all this is going into the studio annex. I am really going to try and keep most of my working space unencumbered by clutter- see how long that lasts. Hahahahahaha.
I love having a studio annex. I can store all my completed work and the raw materials like fabric and paper out of the way. Looks different, doesn't it? I hope our friends Sheldon and Louise see this posting, because this is the room they stayed in while here in March! It will take a couple more days, but then i should be able to settle in and start making art!

No comments:

Post a Comment