Saturday, February 21, 2015

Stuck Truck


Gee, what could be making Bob so very happy? Maybe it's the fact that while skidding into the snow encrusted driveway last night, I got the truck stuck in a snow bank. No way! Yes! And it was so cold and dark by the time I got home, we left it until this morning. What a fun way to start the day. Half a bale of Maggie's hay late, and we had the truck back on track.
I will confess that this wasn't the first snow related incident of the day. On my way out the driveway, I was going perfectly straight on a perfectly flat stretch when the truck decided to slide sideways, towards the rather large wild rose bush that inhabits the left side of the driveway. I managed to right the truck and I did not have to call for help. Once a day is enough!
The snow and "weather events" have me so derailed that I have been mistaken for a crazy person. (Not the first time?) I was out, running errands this morning, dodging all the other winter-deranged folk. Lines at the gas station, lines at the library, lines at the package store, lines at the super market... we're all stocking up. As I left the supermarket, the latest flakes had begun to fall. "THANK GOD!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, "IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!" This erupted from me utterly spontaneously. I had no idea that it was coming. But the funniest thing was that no one paid attention. We all just kept hurrying to our cars. And home to more snow.
There are some mildly entertaining aspects to all this winter madness. I am still a Brooklyn-showing world famous artist. (Even snow can't take that away from me!) And Bob still has a good sense of humor:
His sculpture "Here" is so hidden beneath that evil white stuff that Bob created little faces in the tops of the boots. The look peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment