Saturday, August 25, 2018

Off To A Party

Okay! Okay! I promise to not rant about politics for this blog post. (But it was a good week! Manafort... guilty! Cohen... confessing! McGahan... squealing! Others close to The Orange Menace... freakin' flipping! Yay team!!) So instead of political spewings, I'm posting an innocuous picture of the (almost) finished hole in the wall.
Yes, it needs a bit more sanding and another coat of paint but I've already got my Foo dog happily smelling the posies. See how useful and attractive a hole in the wall can be?!?? It's amazing how a detail like this can fix up the entire space. Bob and I shoved our bureaus around a bit and the room looks bigger and more commodious. More room to put stuff!
The weather has decided to become more pleasant and allow for otherwise impossible activities like mowing the lawn and weeding. Let's face it, it's been miserably hot and humid. When I tried to work in my studio, I wound up with  minute collage bits and fabric scraps stuck to my sweaty arms. I'll have to take a picture of the gigantic hornets nest that has been constructed just outside one of my studio windows. Bob pointed out that that window was open and I might be entertaining "visitors" soon. So far the wasps or hornets haven't bothered me but I've shut that window and am steering clear of that corner when outside!
And in place of our dear friend Tilda Swinton, we now have a birthday balloon living in the bathroom downstairs. It does look quite festive in there, with the Xmas lights, miniature cocktail umbrellas and the smiley balloon... which reminds me: we're off to a party right now!





2 comments:

  1. This place has the most perfect environment, great food, tasty wings, lots of good beer, but best of all - probably the best wait staff in all of country. Visited these event halls for rent last month again, had another great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure where that comment came from or what it's referring to but it was nice to get a comment! "Tasty wings" indeed!

    ReplyDelete