Monday, January 20, 2020

Blue Things That Move Things

I am happy to report that cleaning up Maggie's field just got easier. I bought a new poop-boggan! In the winter, wheeling a wheel barrow becomes extremely difficult as the tire bogs down in the snow. We had been employing a plastic cement mixing tray but that started cracking and required retirement. Thank goodness for molded plastic toboggans! They are cheap, slide easily and hold just the right amount of horse poop. I forgot that I was going to try sledding down Maggie's field once before I pressed it into service as a manure delivery system- too late!!
And my next mention is months overdue:
Let's hear it for Trusty! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy! Trusty the Accord may not look like a million dollars but this car has definitely earned my respect and gratitude. Yes, he's been backed into a few times and his headlight is strapped on with metal bands and his finish is splotchy... but beneath that beat up exterior lies an engine that starts (every time) and purrs. A big thank you shout out to Beatrice and John for bequeathing Trusty into our hands. Trusty is in remarkably good shape for his age because Beatrice and John kept him in tip-top running condition. I was skeptical at first because he's... well, OLD. But what is age but a number? (I'm finding this out myself!)
Entertainingly, Trusty DOES have his quirks. True to what my sister Beatrice told me, his radio works "when it's in the mood". Likewise his door locks; Trusty seems to like to play a game of, "Guess which lock will unlock today?" with a peculiar randomness known only to him. Ditto the window up and down switches. But he runs and runs really well! And I have customized his back bumper with my current political affiliations:
See? Bernie's on the left and Pete's in the middle and I'm the "Libtard" who's behind the wheel. (Sorry about the bit over-exposed photo but it's REALLY cold out there and I took this picture really fast with no gloves on!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment