Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Contemplation on Bureaucracy Idiocy Session #1

Here's a lovely and buccolic image to ponder while Your Humble Narrator relates her two most recent brushes with bureaucracies idiotic wheels. The first episode involved several days spent navigating between our former town hall and the Department of Motor Vehicles. Yes, I confess I was late registering my car. I had sworn I had paid my town taxes last fall and just couldm't figure it out. Turns out we had an outstanding tax liability of... 44 cents. I hope we made the Grand List. Anyway, after trips hither and yon procuring special stamps and badges and permissions, the car was duly registered. Even the woman who ultimately helped us at Motor Vehicles agreed that the overdue 44 cents was a bit much. We probably spent over $44 what with the paperwork and driving and time spent cooling our heels in line...

No comments:

Post a Comment