Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Poignant Revelation

This emerged from the melting snow:

A small home-made wooden cross with the handwritten inscription "Mitten". The grave is tucked into a sheltered pocket next to the lovely evergreen forest. This tiny cross made me reflect on our own pet cemetary left behind at our previous house. Archie, Charlie, Ricky and our recently departed Frank are all buried under special stones by an oak tree. I am sorry that they are not here to enjoy our new property; all were wonderful friends who throughly enjoyed life. I also wonder about Gracie the dog from across the road who came daily (for upwards of twelve years!) to accompany me and Frank on our walk. She continued  to come over after Frank died. I know our move was hard on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment