Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valens Gras/ Mardi Tart's Day!

Because I had to rearrange my work schedule (again) due to freezing rain and because I thought I was having a yoga class on Tuesday night (cancelled due to continued snow removal), Bob and I chose to celebrate Fat Tuesday and Valentine's Day as a sort of ComboHoliday last night (that would be Wednesday). We had this truly beautiful and utterly delicious quiche that Bob whipped up. I can think of a few other things that Bob wanted to whip...
Like the Price Gougin', Fast Talkin' Pugnacious Snow Plowin' A- Hole that tried to rip us off. Don't get either one of us started! The punchline is that after several calls from me, the neighbors and Bob, this little creep actually showed up at our doorstep and returned our check. I seriously suspect that he was worried that we'd report him to the better Business Bureau or the Attorney General's office. People who take advantage of people suck. I think we'll try and buy a snow blower. Or maybe teach Maggie to drag the driveway; isn't that what they used to do?
Of course, now I'm pulling phone numbers out of the local paper for snow plow possibles if we're unlucky enough to have more excrement fall from the sky this winter. What about that stinkin' groundhog? Didn't he predict that spring was right around the corner? And we're supposed to have very cold temperatures this weekend and maybe more snow early next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment