Friday, May 30, 2014

This Sheet Rocks!

I really feel we're closing in on completion! Bob and I worked to get sheet rock on the walls and should be done with that tomorrow. The begins the messy joy of taping and applying and sanding joint compound.
The walls make it seem like an actual room, not just an uncompleted space. I can already envision making masterpieces here...
Here's another shot of the corner. it is great that we got the entire north side of the studio covered.
It's one of those funny paradoxes: does the sheet rock make the space appear larger or smaller? Maybe a little of both.
And meanwhile, back in my old studio, we had four sheets of sheet rock up for me to work on, and we had to take them down so as to reuse them. Of course, this necessitated my moving an ungodly pile of magazines, art materials, a flat file, years of old work that was piled up. What a mess!
My old studio is a complete disaster! But I guess we can recite the old saw about having to break eggs to make an omelette. I keep reminding myself (and Bob) that a remarkable side effect of my studio being completed is that we'll have a real living room. A place to entertain and (gasp) relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment