Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Blue Garden

These blue bottles are a gift from our friends Gloria and Bill. I have been saving blue beer bottles- a collection started when I picked one up on my morning meanderings with Jules. I thought they'd look great in my blue garden. Soon I was encouraging Bob to consume a beer most suited to underage drinkers. He has complied, but not too often! Anyway, I have the bottles snaking their way past convolvulous and salvias. Here are a few other denizens of my other blue garden:
And my favorites, the delphiniums (although this is the second flush of blooms and they're not so tall).
That's Summer Skies. I've successfully started Blue Bird (a slightly darker but still light blue) from seed and some are threatening to flower this year. I hope they winter over so next year the blue garden is totally kick ass with 5 foot tall blue pillars. 
I've also got that nifty Blue Lyme Grass that you can see trying to insert itself in the above picture to the left. Bob gave me a wonderful specimen for my birthday. Don't you just love birthdays? Always a good time to repopulate the gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment