Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Anticipation

I couldn't sleep (again) last night so I got up and did a computer drawing. Drawing on the computer is great! Totally unlike drawing with a pencil or crayons yet still physical- in some cyber way. I am just starting to learn about various tools and how to bend them to my nefarious will. Last night, I experimented with the gradient tool. That's how I made the back ground and the interiors of those sort of flower forms.
I think I partially couldn't sleep because I'm excited (in a good way!) about the impending beginning of work on my studio. So much will change when my studio is complete. The dynamic of the house, and our use of the spaces we have to move through and live in; hell, we'll have a living room! There has been nothing wrong with using the living room as my studio but this artist needs a separate, private space. (And a space to make a mess in.)
I am a realist. I know it will take a while for everything (like walls and a floor) to come together, but I'm patient! I watched my mother and father (aka Mommy and Daddy) build their house. It took years and honestly, they never did finish some parts of it. (Like the cupboards in the living room, flanking the fireplace. Or the bathroom wall. There was this weird gap where there were exposed two by fours and the backside of the hallway wall. How hard would it have been to close that off?) But the house was interesting (my siblings and others may disagree...) and who really cared that we never had a real basement door? Now it's starting to sound like we lived under a tarp in a construction site! It wasn't that bad, but parts of it were odd.  I guess I didn't think too much about it until I'd have a friend over who lived in a normal, suburban house that had things like closet doors or actual hardware on the front door. Then you kind of saw it through their eyes. Anyway, there is some preparation work although Bob and I cleaned most of the things that have lived under the carport for the past several years. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment