Saturday, September 28, 2013

Two Walls Are Better Than One!

It actually looks like a building! I'm so excited... no turning back now.
I'm speed writing this as we leave in 25 minutes for Bob's opening in Danbury at Jim Felice's Trailer Box Gallery. Bob and Dave Gesualdi (whose work couldn't be more different than Bob's!) are showing, completing a week of three shows between Bob and I and working on the studio.
Joe came over today and helped finish up the second wall- and raise it. Bob and I had completed much of the framing on Thursday and then had an intermission day when we both had to do our jobs.
Today we started early and by 3:00, we had two walls.
Another view:
I even have a door hole. And a corner. And a view... and it seems to be standing.
There is a bit of a gap near the house because (funny enough) the house wall sways inwards. Bob and Joe are constructing a shim.
This is where the house and studio wall tie together. I say fll it in with silly putty and cardboard and packing tape, but Joe and Bob will do it right. Tomorrow, we do the last wall. It will really look like a studio then.

No comments:

Post a Comment