Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Walla-Walla Wonderful!

Last night I paid a visit to Home Depot on my way back from work. I have personally never purchased so much wood. A nice young man helped me analyze and load every piece of wood individually. I had started with my shopping list that Bob had composed. I realized that 28 2x4's (8 feet long), loads of 2x6's 10 feet long, twelve foot long 2x4's... this stuff weighed tons! And the racks were way over my head. Thank goodness that there were few shoppers at Home Depot and I had help. Look at that pile of wood!
So this morning we started bright and early to finish up the long wall. And an unexpected friend stopped by and Bob had to leave to take his mother to the eye doctor. I thought we'd never get this wall assembled, let alone erected.
Bob got home well after 3:00 and we started to wale away. We finished framing. And Joe arrived ten minutes later. The sun was casting long shadows.
Bob went next door and called on our neighbors, who were crazy enough to offer to help if we needed any assistance in raising the wall. Meagan and her son CJ came over. Between the five of us, it was easier getting that wall up than any other part of the proceedings! It literally took five minutes.
Lookee there! It stands! Bob nailed up cross pieces and nailed in the sole plate and miracles of miracles! We have a wall...
Wowee Zowie!!! I got window holes, I got a partial studio! Huzzah for good neighbors and walls that stand!


No comments:

Post a Comment