Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

Here at the BobnRita Ranch, we get the night off for good behavior amd celebrate Fat Tuesday. (Not that we'll be giving anything up for Lent!) And yes, that's a King Cake replete with hidden baby tucked into the cake at undisclosed location.
Speaking of religious conversions not happening any time soon in this neighborhood, the doorbell rang and I thought maybe Bob had locked himself out, so I answered it. It was two conservatively dressed ladies, one of whom I immediately spied was holding a Bible. Before either one or the other could ask if I'd been saved or born again or whatever malarky they spout I chimed, "Oh you have obviously come to the wrong house as we're heathens and artists and won't be needing your ministrations!" and shut the door. i didn't know these people still marched from door to door... and in such cold weatehr. What a waste of time. Have a piece of cake, damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment