Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not For the Faint of Heart

Be forewarned that this post contains graphic images of blood and gore. We were moving tremendous amounts of boxes and art materials yesterday in a push to finish (please! Oh Goddess!) complete our heroic move. I had even borrowed the van from work and all went splendidly until I somehow dropped a huge box or maybe it was a bookcase... Whatever, the outcome was that I stumbled up against a flagstone topped stonewall and gashed my shin. Boy did that hurt! Fortunately, Bob had a Bandaid ready but I was disheartened to see that I had bled all over one of my (current) favorite pair of socks and the cuff got ripped through my jeans. What a mess.


As if that weren't bad enough, I stood up prematurely in the van and gashed my head. And then, when schlepping yet another painting into the house, I managed to lose my grasp and wallop myself roundly right into the same shin, reopening my damaged leg. Sort of the insult to injury theory... any one have any salt they'd like to rub into my wounds?
Here's a close up; I took this one looking upside down at my own leg: Ouch.



No comments:

Post a Comment