Saturday, May 14, 2011

Leave it to Bob

Here's an ingeneous use of a broken broom. Bob fashioned a boot scrape from it, and mounted on a metal footing right by the side/front door. (We're still not sure of our orientation...) Our feet are always muddy so this will work like a charm.
You can see in the back a bit of that white quartz rock border that I started to ring the foundation. Back when I posted that entry, it seemed like it would take ages to complete, but it's coming along nicely. Here's the long view:
It's getting there! This is a fine reminder that a project that seems like it will take an eternity simply needs persistence. I fill my pockets (or, if I'm feeling ambitious, I bring along a bag) with white quartz when I go for a walk or go riding (there are white rocks in abundance at the horse farm). It pays off. Bob now wants it to continue all the way around the house. I think I will take that bag with me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment