Thursday, January 12, 2012

Miserable Horse

Crispin has had a couple of rough days. And doesn't he just look it? Nothing like a wet horse! Yesterday, the wind spooked him and he ran straight into something and scratched his nose. He wasn't going to die and I cleaned it off and put a bit of antibiotic on it but he felt sort of sorry for himself. (And I couldn't ride him because the noseband of his bridle would have crossed right on top of his cut. It was such a nice warm sunny day, too!) Anyway, I gave him extra hay and some carrots and fluffed up his bedding as I heard it was going to rain or sleet or snow overnight.
This morning? Crispin is running aorund, eyes all wild and soaking wet; his hay in the barn is untouched. Obviously the something that spooked him yesterday is near the barn. Poor Crispin is miserable and agitated and the wind isn't helping. I carried a pile of his hay out to the field so that he can temporarily avoid the stall. I don't know; I think I'd be inside today, trying to avoid that drowned rat look. But then, I'm not a horse.
Hey! The weather is unpleasant today: chilly and windy and loads of rain. But I still say, at least it's not snow! Here it is mid-January and we're feeling like March... No complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment