Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Job "Well" Done

Or is that "All's Well That Ends Well"? Either way, the new pump works and we have water. I couldn't be happier...
On Tuesday afternoon, after the mayhem of Sandy the SuperStorm had blown by, the Pump Crew reconvened and the new pump (see above photo) was connected and ready to be sent back down, all 250 plus feet into obscurity. You spend hundreds of dollars for a part that you'll hopefully never see again... Not like conspicuous consumption!
Anyway, feeding the pipe back down was easier as you're not hauling the pump up, but the pipe had to be cleaned so that the well isn't contaminated with leaves and boogers and junk. Dumping a bottle of chlorine in helps, too.
That's Bob laughing at my attempts at "photo ops". I was yelling from my position as caboose to "hold the line" as I ran into the house to get the camera. But this picture does give some sense of scale. This is a good 7/8 of the way through the threading the pipe back down. Fortunately, no disaster like kinking pipe or frayed wiring occurred.
About an hour later, after refilling the tank with air and testing, we had water. It smelled like chlorine and I can't say I'd drink it or cook with it yet, but flushing the toilet was sheer joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment