Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Other Life Forms and Us

Because we're all friends here. I will share the following portfolio of images. Due to extenuating circumstances- such as work, crazy scheduling that allows little "free time", multiple time-intensive art projects and the like, Bob and I have done very little cleaning of late. This means we have "interesting" environments being created by other species in nooks and corners. If cleanliness is indeed next to Godliness, then Bob and I are fast speeding our way to Hell.
As I was describing to my sister Beatrice this morning, I have a size imperative when it comes to insects cohabiting in our humble abode. Small spiders and Daddy Long Legs' are more than welcome but when they approach (or exceed) the quarter-pounder rule, it's them or me. I just cannot sleep think they may decide to share the bed with us. The spider that resides behind the washing machine is a good example.
Bob has apparently struck up quite a friendship with this bug. When he first introduced me to the fact that we had a large arachnid living near the washing machine, I sort of brushed it off. It's not near anything that I spend quality time doing (such as in the bathroom or my studio), so I thought, live and let live. But then one day, as I vacuumed the downstairs bathroom and hallway (that had to have been pre-party as I have bee remiss of late as referenced above), I felt as if I had company. It's a coy spider, though, and it kept ducking behind the machine preventing me from getting a good look. But I have now encountered this spider a few times late at night, and I need to tell you that he/she is rapidly nearing critical mass. I admit that they're eating other bugs and doing good, but this puppy is getting BIG.
Oh boy. Here's another (equally filthy) corner, directly above Jules' place mat where he eats his meals. I think the some what spider-like decoration in the lower middle inspired a spider to move in. That thing dangling in the web isn't the resident spider, but it's meal for the next month or so. Seems the little spider that lives there snared a much larger spider.
Here's a close up. As you can see, I have no shame what so ever and am  more than happy to share our less than stellar house keeping with you. Remember that the next time we invite you to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment