Sunday, April 6, 2014

An Apology, Among Other Updates

(The photo has nothing to do with the posting... This is a picture of the shelves in the room at work where I take pictures for the auction. Co-workers leave me odd things- some very odd things! Keeps me sane. I also have a collection of "bad paintings" that I have acquired. Some very bad indeed!)
A brief update on many aspects of life here at the Bauhaus Chicken Coop
  • Don't you just love bulleted lists? They're so corporate (and unlikely from the likes of me.) I don't tend towards linear thinking.
  • I had a most unexpected but welcome! occurrence on my walk this past Friday. I saw the nose of my climate change denying neighbor's SUV poking out of the end of his driveway, but I was running short of time and decided to walk past briskly. As I crossed the road, to be as far away as possible, his small son emerged from the car and stood at the end of the driveway, obviously waiting for Jules. I said, "Did your father say it was okay?" He nodded yes, and he and Jules immediately reunioned in a swirl of giggles and drool and mutual admiration. They had missed each other. Simultaneously, the window of the SUV is rolled down and Mr Climate Denier says, "Look, I'm really sorry. I was out of line." I promptly countered with an most gracious, "Let's just agree to disagree" and we both looked equally relieved that no blood had been shed, nor guns drawn. When he allowed that "I must have struck a nerve", I was tempted to retort, "Yeah, the stupid one!" but I refrained and am just plain old pleased as punch that I no longer fear for my life while enjoying my morning ramble. End of story (hopefully).
  • Sheldon and Louise are still here and very much welcome to stay as long as they need to. I feel badly for them as they brought limited clothes and are sleeping in "interesting" conditions in our guest suite, but they're troopers. We've been enjoying movie nights and great conversations about art and the world. Jules thinks they're just great as he now has four college educated slaves.
  • We've been really busy, in addition to guests and art openings and every other thing that the modern world throws in our path. We had another auction (at work) and Sheldon and Louise even came to the cocktail preview party and had fun meeting all of my co-workers (our friend Joe came, too). Funny, no one else has ever taken me up on my suggestion of coming to the auction. Lots of weird chochtkes and furniture for those that need seating or surfaces!
  • The weather has improved so much that I'm going outside to do some gardening and play with my pony. I'll check back in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment