Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Cleaning Unlikely Anytime Soon...

Well, I did start raking up the garden today as the sun was lovely and I felt compelled to spend the day outside. When was that last possible? Interestingly, we have heard peepers that last several nights and there are mini-rosettes of sedums emerging from under the leaves. Spring is here.
I have been (unfortunately) none too motivated to do the cleaning that is apparently needed within the house- not my favorite activity! Despite Bob drawing appealing faces on the scrub brushes (see photo above) and other tricks, I am resistant. The upstairs bathroom will soon be condemned and even with semi-frequent sweepings of the kitchen, dog hair "kittens" skiddle across the floor. But isn't house work a loosing battle anyway? No sooner do you finish than you have to begin all over again... so why start in the first place? You will remark that the above scrubber brush has some random filth dribbling down over it's face.
And speaking of sedums, here's a nifty blue one that is tender, but we overwintered in the house. It's stretching a bit as it's probably not as happy as it would be if it were outside in it's native habitat, but it will look good in a few weeks. And plants, of course, grow in dirt so dirt can't be all bad...
I look forward to spending a small fortune on plants this spring as we're on a garden tour. (Don't worry Bob; I said a "small" (very) fortune.) I may not buy shoes, or lust after leather sofas, large screen tv's or things like actual furniture, but boy! we all know I never met a garden center I didn't like.
My wish list has already begun, without my setting a single foot in a nursery: a variegated yucca (had one in Bridgewater, but lost it!), another plum tree (to cross pollinate with the one we almost killed), a witch hazel, a clethra... You get the idea: the list goes on and on. Hey! My birthday is coming!



No comments:

Post a Comment