Sunday, April 27, 2014

Opening Up

Door Progress! Bob and Joe are hard at work cutting out a section of the wall so I don't have to climb through a window to get into my studio (or go all the  way around the house outside.) It's a labor intensive procedure as they have to cut through two layers of boards and remove a stud and a cross member.
It's funny, in the photo above you can see clear through the window (to Joe's right) because Bob removed that this morning. It's thrilling to me to see this advancing the great cause of Rita's studio...
Our friend Jonathan the Electrician came yesterday and rerouted the wires that ran through the wall. He made it look so simple. I was so pleased that he was able to come; I dreaded that I might have to wait a week or so and we really couldn't cut the hole in the wall until he rewired us. You can see the new path for the wire up and over what will be the doorway.
The living room is a real mess right now. It's hard to answer the phone because all the chairs are pushed around and the rug is rolled up and in my present studio. The beginning of a big transition!
Bob is wielding that drill because they have to drill holes in the wall so that they can see where to use the saws all. Joe is marking where the header will go. Me? I'm getting ready to order pizza for dinner. I have to do something to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment