Saturday, September 1, 2012

Today's Event

In just a few hours, these chairs (and many others) will contain people- the people stylish and savvy enough to attend our End of Summer Party. It is perfect weather: dry, warm and sunny and the long weekend gives us an extra day to recover afterwards!
Friends aversion to "rsvping" is puzzling. We discussed that with our good friend Roberta at her (and Phillip's) delightful garden party of several weeks past. I inquired as to how many people were slated to attend and Roberta replied that she had no idea! This is typical and unfortunate as it makes planning problematic. Is a single bottle of beer sufficient? Or should one spring for the six pack? I am not an imbiber of beer, so this is a moot point but you get my drift. We can only take a deep breath and hope that "pot luck" means something... When I was asked how many people were attending, I posited "Somewhere between 10 and 1000". I thinks that's reasonable/
In any event, the yard looks great and I'm certain that a good time will be had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment