Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Ramblin' Endish O' Yearish Postish

So I can't report that I have much to report, but the weather is so blasted awful that I thought it would serve us all right if I posted a cranky end of December post. (That, by the way, is a fuzzy flower computer drawing to make us all forget about the ice and snow that persists outside...)
We missed what was no doubt a lovely Boxing Day party last night at our good friend John's house. I'm sorry to have not be available to chat up close friends and hear tales of their Xmas day festivities, but I must admit that staying in due to inclement weather offered it's own low key charms. For example, I didn't consume (further) vast quantities of rich and/or sauced, cheesed, seasoned, oozing food stuffs. I think I am swelling in this end of year binge-i-ness. Like many others, I regret my extreme lack of self control!
However, soon enough the Christmas cookies (remember those?) and the chocolates and the dips and snacks will have vanished like yesterdays snows.... or so we can hope!
I expect to sign on to the old New Year's Resolution band wagon and vow not to let anything more digestively strenuous than water and thin gruel pass my lips for at least a fortnight. But in the next couple of days, Bob and I seem to be finishing off that box of chocolates that we were given...
What else? Can someone please remind me to take my camera with me when I think of doing interesting stuff? Like yesterday I had a wonderful time riding Maggie in the snow and today on my morning ramble with Jules, we saw the neighborhood bobcat, up close and personal. Woulda made great pictures! Maybe that's my New Year's Resolution: bring the camera along!

No comments:

Post a Comment