Thursday, December 13, 2012

Future Xmas Trees

We still have no Christmas tree! As I've mentioned several hundred times, there are only two requirements for me to be assured of a holly, jolly Christmas: cookies (and lots of them, carefully decorated) and a tree. I'm beginning to work on Phase 1 (cookies) as we're having a cookie exchange at work and I need an assortment for giving and eating. (All that dough! A bizarre gift to myself!)
As far a Phase 2, I wandered the property yesterday late morning potentially thinking maybe I'd stumble upon the perfect- yet easily sacrificed- tree. All I found were ones like above, or below:
Like perfect for a hundred years from now! So Bob is going to try and fell a tall tree that's dead all the way up until five or six feet from the top. That way we get fence posts AND a Christmas tree. Believe me, we won't miss the tree in question; it's sort of hidden in a bunch of other scraggly spruces.
In the meantime, here's a pretty picture of our small pond, freezing over in the chilly morning.
Hard to think of such things now, but due to the generosity of a few friends, there are irises planted in the "mucka" (Bob's word) at the edge of the pond. Next spring should be very pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment