Sunday, December 30, 2012

Are We Ready For This?

Yes, that is what you think it is... a large pile of fluffy white stuff that has been pushed through elaborate mechanical means to a heap at the end of the driveway. And we pay people to do this!  I can think of all sorts of things I'd rather be spending money on right now: vacations in the south of anywhere warm, saving towards my eventual studio, even that crown I so badly need on a left rear molar. But instead we must pay to rearrange frozen water molecules that given a few months would melt on their own.
I am sorry; I'm still crabby and not enjoying this foray into winter. Where is Climate Change when you want it? The weather did serve to keep my indoors where I played (quite happily, it must be admitted) in my studio where I made several collages. I think I'll post a couple tomorrow; I have been exploring that irksome fiscal cliff and all the implications for us 99%ers. You'll see!
Meanwhile, I am confessing that I wanted to do nothing more than ride my splendid steed through snow banks, large and small. It was just too damned cold- and windy- to even be considered. Maggie looked bored and stood with her butt to the wind all afternoon. There was the constant drone of snow mobiles from next door as our neighbor and his son circled their house endlessly, dreaming of Arctic conquest. In short, a day at the end of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment