Sunday, July 10, 2011

Catching some ZZZZZZZZZs

One good thing that has come out of this weird dream-time state hailing from my eye injury is that I have finally learned how to nap. All through college and beyond, I envied those of my frinds who were able to nap effectively. They emerged from their afternoon slumbers refreshed and recharged. I would occasionally attempt to nap if I had a head cold or was required to rise early... but to no avail. I could lay in a darkened room, but sleep? Forget it.
But the powerful combination of bodily trauma and medications and two surgeries made me really sleepy for several weeks. I found myself lying down on our bed and miraculously, I would actually fall asleep. Sometimes it was only for twenty minutes or so, but it worked.
As pictured in the photo above, Jules is a big advocate of napping; I think most dogs are. He often joins me when I recline and whole heartedly approves of my new found ability.
This morning after Jules and I returned from our morning walk, I put some of my eye drops in and lay down. The next thing I knew, I was awakening form a strange little dream about tripping and falling up some stairs. An hour had passed and I felt great. I think I'm a napping prefessional now!

No comments:

Post a Comment