Friday, July 8, 2011

You Won't catch Me Up There Anytime Soon

This is some of the exciting debris generated by the work that Bob and our good friend Don and his son Nigel did on our roof. A month or so back, Don was generous enough to volunteer his (and Nigels!) talents in the aerial repairs department. Of course, luck would decree that the days they decided to do the much needed re-flashing of our dormer were incredibly hot and unpleasant. But fortunately, what they budgeted three days for completion took only several hours...
I had forbidden Bob from going up on the roof. Maybe I'm nuts, but just think of the fate of Glenn Seator (did I spell his name correctly?) A Brooklyn based artist that fell to his untimely death while performing roof repairs! And after my peculiar foray into the "household accident" department, I am none too sanguine about displays of derring-do.
But the necessary work was done and we can breath easier when it rains. We can also begin some of the interior repairs that were linked to a dormer leak. (Remember that moldy blog entry several lifetimes ago?)
Here's another detail of the attractive camo tarp that was a feature of our roof. Good riddance!

Thanks again to Don and Nigel. We owe them a return on the favor, but you won't catch me offering to help with roof issues. (I am really afraid of heights.) The carport roof is as far as I venture and even that felt too high by half.

No comments:

Post a Comment