Sunday, July 3, 2011

Remember Me? An Almost Normal Posting...

We actually managed to complete the digging of the new flower beds. This excites me as there are many things I con't do really well at present due to eye-ball adventures and mishaps. Alas!
But I did relate that I was able to de-sod the above area and in the final stretch, Bob pitched in and with Jules barking at rocks, the three of us made light work of finishing the basic initial layout. This makes me happy because it rained (finally) and I can transplant in some of my perennials. Interestingly, I often garden with many annuals and this year will present a reversal. I haven't been able to start things from seed and then have been too preoccupied to purchase annuals to edge and fill in (plus I would have had to babysit them in six packs) and now it's the beginning of June and what's left at the garden centers???!!
Gardening is always like that...
The other interesting factor in laying out these first beds is that I chose to make them really geometric. We'll see if I go wiggly in the future. But somehow, as there was nothing "organic" to start with- no trees, or walls, or walkways or pre-existing gardens- no nothing!- it seemed to me I needed to preordain a bit of strict order. I'm sure they will evolve from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment