Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tiny Bubbles

This morning when I took Jules out to pee, I saw this curious accumulation of tiny bubbles at the base of several of our fence posts (this was before Jules peed so it had nothing to do with his actions!) Thye looked like crystals: very pretty! It was also so nice to have relatively cool temperatures and a bit of wetness after all that heat.
Also, in the midst of the dying poison ivy, there were a few of those fairy cobwebs that sometimes form. A couple of years ago, when walking in the woods with Frank the Dog, I came on a place in a hemlock grove where there were hundreds of little cobweb macrame-like cat cradles all glistening with dew. Spectacular! But of course, I had no camera with me. In contrast, this was a modest show, but still pretty...
I think I liked the dryness of the expiring poison ivy coupled with the condensation lingering on the twigs and leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment